A Spider's Touch



I have been looking at poetry and nursery rhymes and how bugs and insects, particularly spiders are portrayed in them. The Spider's Touch a poem by Alexander Pope (1688-1744)caught my eye. The thought of a spider's touch sends shivers down my spine but it is fascinating that sitting on fine threads they feel everything. One slight movement and they are on their prey in seconds! This piece is going to be part of a bigger hand embroidery of spider poetry and nursery rhymes. It is funny how sometimes things we fear often fascinate us!

Comments

  1. Great to find you blog, I love you delicate embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah, just joined the Hand Embroidery Network and found your blog. Someone else who likes bugs! You have every right to be angry about the treatment meted out to your parents - what is the matter with kids today?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts