Saturday, 14 November 2009

Harris Museum & Art Gallery Commission



Sometime ago I was contacted by the Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Preston to produce the embroidered text for their up and coming exhibition Embellished: The Art of Fabulous Fabrics. I was asked to produce a design for the poster and the magazine adverts etc. The exhibition launches today with free art and textile workshops and the world’s largest embroidery will be on display! Some of the museum’s most beautiful textiles patterned by weaving, embroidery and printing will be on display and the exhibition will be onto November 2010. They are also displaying the embroidery that I did for the poster alongside an eighteenth-century gown in the finest Spitalfields silk as well as other exquisite examples of embroidery include pieces from Europe, India, China and Turkey, dating from the 1600s to the modern day. As you can imagine I am extremely chuffed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah