Thursday, 28 January 2010

Lumbutts and Mankinholes


I am starting a new embroidery today another of my Victorian inspired postcards. It's been a long time since I posted anything about embroidery. This time it is from a photograph I took at Lumbutts and Mankinholes, tiny rural villages near Todmorden. The scenery is gorgeous and this photo was taken early last year. We are house hunting at the moment so that we can move over to Tod in the next few months and I hope to do a lot more embroideries of local scenery in my Victorian tinted photograph style. It would be great to find some vintage photographs of the area too that I could work on as well so I will have to get out and about to the local antiques shops to see what I can dig up!


I am using Madeira silk threads for this postcard. I love these threads as they are really soft and easy to work with and the colour pallet is quite subtle which is how I like it. I have printed the bonded the printed fabric onto calico to give it strength and will then later give it a felt backing as I have done so before.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah