Thursday, 8 April 2010

Banana Bread with Apricots

I have been experimenting with banana bread again! I have already tried banana & sultana bread, banana & apple bread and banana & blueberries! Today I have made banana and apricot bread! Oooooh and it really is delicious I can definitely recommend it. I am addicted to dried apricots at the moment and eat them like sweeties during the day for a bit of an energy boost. Dried apricots are high in fibre and aid digestion which is great news for me as I suffer a lot from indigestion! If you would like to make your own banana and apricot bread the recipe is below!


Banana & Apricot Bread

You will need:

200 g (7 oz) Self Raising Flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
75 g (2 3/4 oz) margarine
75 g (2 3/4 oz) sugar
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
2 eggs beaten
2 ripe bananas, mashed (if like me you have sore hands use a hand blender!)
Packet of ready to eat Dried Apricots - I used a good handful and chopped them into small pieces.

Method:
  1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180C / or fan oven 160C. First grease a 1lb loaf tin with margarine of butter.
  2. In a large bowl sieve together the self raising flour and the bicarbonate of soda. In a bowl cream together the margarine or butter, sugar and the honey (if using) until light and fluffy. You can do this by hand but this makes my hands and arm hurt so I would definitely recommend using a mixer!
  3. Now add your beaten eggs, beating all the time! If it looks like it is curdling add a bit of the flour.
  4. Next gently stir in your flour into the mixture and then add in your mashed banana and your chopped apricots.
  5. Spoon the mixture into your greased tin and bake in the centre of your oven for about an hour or until firm. Remove from the tin and place to cool on a rack. 
It is fantastic still warm with butter on! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah