Reader, I married him.

In the last chapter of Jane Eyre, Jane tells the reader that she has married Mr Rochester. This is my inspiration for my next embroidered tinted postcard, as though Jane has wrote a postcard to the reader with an image of the church.




Reader, I married him. A quiet wedding we had: he and I, the parson and clerk, were alone present. When we got back from Church, I went into the kitchen of the manor-house, where Mary was cooking the dinner, and John cleaning the knives, and I said -
 'Mary, I have been married to Mr Rochester this morning.'

Of course the picture is of Haworth church, I am going to build the image up with embroidered tinting to give it that Victorian style. I'm not so sure about the writing yet I may change it to a darker grey though I want it to have a faded out look. I think the Bronte-Along are moving on to Wuthering Heights soon so not sure I will be able to keep up! I am also thinking of doing a Bronte inspired sampler in blackwork after I have finished this postcard so I will see how it goes.

Comments

  1. This is amazing--just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vowwww...hats off.
    I have read Jane Eyre and you gave best possible to your work.Charlotte Bronte would be happy to see taht from skies..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts