Monday, 19 July 2010

Antwerp Edging Stitch

Antwerp Edging Stitch is also known as Knotted Blanket Stitch. This stitch adds a lovely decorative finish to a plain hemmed edge of table linen such as napkins and tablecloths as well as the good ole hankie! This might be a nice edging to add to your handmade projects. 

Ok, to work Antwerp Edging Stitch. Working from left to right along your folded edge, bring your needle up at 1 and then insert your needle at 2 as shown with the thread beneath your needle pull through leaving a loop of thread. Next insert your needle inside the loop of thread you just created with thread beneath your needle pull through gently to form a knot. Carry on working stitches in this way along your edging. This really is a lovely edging stitch and one of my favourite!


Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Finished Edging
 
Handkerchief Edging with Tassel

2 comments:

  1. Harika...Teşekkürler....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Don't quite understand the list of options so I chose anonymous. I am at bluesprit@shaw.ca
    This is a wonderful sample. I did a horizontal flip on the pictures for lefthanded instructions. I think I will finally be able to do this stitch for my casalquidi correspondence course thru EAC!
    Thanks so much for these photos.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah