Monday, 30 August 2010

Closed Cretan Stitch Leaves

Here is a quick tutorial on how to work a closed Cretan Stitch leaf. Work from top to bottom of your leaf shape. Bring your needle up at 1, down at 2 (right side of shape), and up again at 3 with your thread beneath your needle. Pull through. Next take your needle down at 4 and up at 5, (left side of shape) with your thread beneath your needle pull through. Carry on working down your leaf shape from side to side. Angle stitches to match the natural veins of a leaf.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sarah, you have simplified a beautiful stitch so that even I can replicate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! And it looked so difficult until I found your blog. Thank you. I shall return!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah