Friday, 1 October 2010

Christmas is Coming!!

I love this time of year when the leaves are turning golden and the nights are getting darker. Yesterday I woke up and there was mist on the hills and it looked so white I thought it had snowed lol!! I am looking forward to Halloween and Bonfire night, treacle toffee, toffee apples and roasted chestnuts and then the big lead up to Christmas! Thoughts of Christmas are already in my head and I am working hard on my new collection and have already started on some Christmas designs as well. I am hoping to do some Christmas craft fairs this year which I have to say I have always been a bit shy of! I am however going to bite the bullet and give it a go! I mean they can't bite can they? She says nervously! Anyway hubby Andrew will be lending a hand!

I had a trip over to Todmorden's Flea Market yesterday and picked up a bargain teapot for £1 ok its a bit fruity as you will see below lol but I like it! I also picked up a huge collection of old buttons I am going to incorporate into my work, so it turned out to be a good day though it started with a trip for a blood test arrrrgh hate them!

I have also finished another cushion design based on my Black Pansy Butterfly illustration I am really pleased with how it turned out and hope it captures its delicate nature. I have set myself a goal of having my new collection designed and stitched by the end of October so it's going to be a busy month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah