Thursday, 3 March 2011

Experimenting with Felt

While I have been working on my mask project I have been experimenting with materials and started making felt yesterday something I haven't done for awhile. I loved making my moths balls embroideries and thought that they would also make some cool jewellery at some point so striking while the iron is hot I have created some brooches for my etsy shop that I really like so I think I will make some more!

I have been invited to join the Etsy NeedleArts Team (EtsyNEAT) and I have been added  to a few very neat embroidery treasuries over the past few days, check them out here: Needle & Thread Arts, Candy Colored CraftsEvery Bit of Blue is Precocious and This Ain't Your Gramma's Needlework!

I have also been doing a spot of recycling and I am experimenting with ring pulls, wire and cans to make my inuit finger puppets, pictures soon.

Purple Moss Brooch - handmade felt and couching

Sea Urchin - Handmade felt, French Knots and Blanket Stitch

Sea Urchin - Close Up

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah