It's all in the details

As promised an update of the hand embroidered portrait I am currently working on. As you can see from the pictures below I have been working on the details of the hat bobble and the top. It's slow going but very relaxing working in this way! Some of the portrait is built up in long and short stitch, but as you can see from the second image the dark blue areas and the neck are built up in small straight stitches to create a painted almost impressionistic look. I will continue building up the design in this way, but for the plaited braid of the hat I am using a slanted satin stitch effect. More soon!



Comments

  1. Beautiful detail and color selction- your work is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah thank you for your lovely comments! It's really great to get some feedback about my embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing...I am just setting out on my contemporary embroidery journey and your blog will be really helpful..and inspirational. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I can't wait to watch it come to life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments, I have nearly finished the portrait now just the hat to complete will post images soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts