Monday, 13 August 2012

Stitching and the Olympics

I finally got around to framing this free machine embroidery I did a while ago. I decided to frame it in a wooden embroidery hoop as it seemed to fit the shape of the embroidery. The embroidery is now available to purchase via my Etsy Shop. I haven't done any machine embroidery for awhile but after I have finished my embroidered portrait piece I may have another dabble as I really love drawing freehand with the machine.

I will post an update of my latest piece soon as I have been busy stitching away while enjoying the Olympics which I was sad to see finish yesterday! What an amazing event London put on and all of Team GB were fantastic! The whole family have really enjoyed watching the different sporting events but I have to say my favorites were Nicola Adams winning gold in the women's boxing and Mo Farah winning double gold in the 5,000 and 10,000 metres, bloody superb! Anyway back to normality and more stitching!


Lilies - free machine embroidery in viscose machine threads on linen fabric



2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah