Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Haworth Church Yard - Hand Embroidered Stitchery

I am just finishing this little postcard of Haworth Church Yard it is part of my Victorian inspired tinted postcards collection. I have been adding texture to it with French Knots, backstitch, Satin Stitch, Straight Stitch and Fly Stitch. I have created this piece using a photograph I took of the church yard and then altered it in Photoshop to give it a sepia colour. There is a post about it somewhere on the blog! Anyway it's one of my many works in progress which is now getting a long awaited finish! I wanted to add more detail to the grave stones and also create a sense of depth with the colouring of the trees. I have used Fly Stitch in the foreground to build up the foliage by working them elongated in the shape of a Y in various thread thicknesses. I've still to add more stitches to this and grass around the stones, as well as French Knots in the trees. But overall it's pretty much there.

Haworth Church Yard, Haworth
Elongated Fly Stitch

French Knot Details

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the colored areas and also how you did the French knots. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margo, thanks very much for your comment! :-) French knots are one of my favourite stitches!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah