Thursday, 18 July 2013

Background Stitching

I'm currently working into the background of my sun printed leaf piece. Having outlined the leaves I have started to add seeding, straight stitches, woven and whipped circles, detached chain stitch, French knots and fly stitch to the background to add texture. I am also going to add some small embroidered leaves here and there too. I love how the cloth feels now that I have started adding the stitching it just changes it's overall texture and the linen is now less stiff and formal.



2 comments:

  1. This is going to look simply marvelous with all the stitching you're doing! Really enjoyed reading about the sun printing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm going to be adding different thicknesses of thread and various stitches so I'm keeping my fingers it is going to look ok when it is finished!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah