My Studio Space

Today I thought I would do a blog post about my little home studio! I have been re-organising it for awhile now and I finally feel I have created a relaxing space in which to let my creativity flow! It's not a huge space and it may not be one of those fantastic cottage studio's by the sea you see in glossy magazines but it suits my lifestyle! It's in the attic but has natural daylight from a skylight, my really old architects drawing table that I have had for years! A table for my sewing machine etc. and there is even room for my easel for when I get the urge to paint! Another good thing is that at night times when the kids are asleep I can pop up there to do some work with Benji my border collie lying at my feet!

Me at my drawing table doing a spot of knitting!
Lots of things on the go!
Things hanging everywhere and the sewing machine table
Embroideries, lace, hand dyed wool and paper bunting
Jars of threads, spools, pins, sequins etc.

Comments

  1. WOW Sarah, what a gorgeous space - love the lightness of it, with just that little injection of colour. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, the light is fantastic and I really enjoy spending time stitching there!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous studio! I have just had mine painted and will be sharing photos on my blog hopefully by Saturday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will pop over to your blog on Saturday to check out your pics!

      Delete
  3. It's lovely, Sarah! I envy you the light.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, I'm lucky it's got such good natural daylight.

      Delete
  4. Very nice blog !!
    Kisses from Greece !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is a beautiful place!...I dream of having a space well for me in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful studio, Sarah! Found your website through Facebook at Embroidery Network. Planning on reading back through your blog as time allows. I love HEN!!
    Xoxo-Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts