Sun Printed Feathers

I just had to try out sun printing with feathers and here's the results below. They are quite tricky as they curve up so you have to make sure they are well pressed down and the fabric is wet enough to keep them in place. The two feathers on the left were flat and the detail is quite good but the one on the right was curved so it left a very soft edged print. I added some leaves but a wind got up and blew them about so I have framed the best composition in the hoop ready to add some stitching. I'm hoping to create some more larger leaf prints over the weekend.

Sun printing with feathers on linen fabric

Comments

  1. This is just such a gorgeous idea. I'd love to try this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I'm hoping to do some tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts