I Can Sing A Rainbow Granny Square Blanket

After completing my first crochet granny square blanket I thought I would have a go at creating a giant granny square blanket. My daughter who is five, loves to sing a rainbow, you know; red and yellow and pink and green etc. so I decided to make her a bright colourful blanket with all the colours from the song. It only took me a week to complete, which I think is pretty cool since I have only been crocheting for 5 months! Needless to say she loves it and it has been keeping her snug and warm on the sofa as she has been ill this past week. Thankfully she is on the mend and her rainbow blanket goes everywhere with her now!



Comments

  1. Very cute and I bet she does find it comforting - actually a true rainbow is following "Roy G Biv" - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. The only way it stuck so in my brain was my boss's wife made gobs of rainbow stuff. :-) This is very cute and I bet she does love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks she loves her mummy making her things. lol the person who wrote the lyrics to the song obviously didn't know his rainbow colours!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and enought to make anyone well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya, bright colours are certainly making me feel well after all the dreary weather we have been having here in Todmorden!

      Delete
  3. I made a giant granny square blanket last year and don't you love them? Mine isn't as colorful and pretty as yours. I also made mine out of cotton and it weighs a ton. Now I know.
    Here is a link to it:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/spartasoap/11190660224/in/photostream/

    Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for sharing yours, love the colours you have chosen! Mines made in 100% acrylic yarn so not so heavy, the orange and black patchwork one is quite weighty though! I love the giant granny squares as they are so fast to make unlike the patchwork ones which are a bit back breaking sewing up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts