Finally Some Hand Embroidery!

Last Friday I was sorting through some of my work when I pulled out the piece I started for my Sun Printing Project. I really like the colours in this piece and I have been missing embroidery so much I thought I would give it a go again and see how my fingers hold up! I started adding some more texture first and then thought I would add some stylised butterflies and other insects to break up the green. I worked on the butterfly yesterday and the stitching doesn't look too bad! My fingers feel a bit more sore and stiff today and I kept getting pains in the back of my hands while I was stitching but it was worth it. I think I just have to get used to it again so I'm going to keep working on this piece until its finished. The photos below show the different stages of the butterfly.

Outline and first details

Adding the shading

Finished butterfly

Comments

  1. I love to see your embroidery. Thanks for posting this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, it's been a long time since I posted any and hopefully I can keep going now!

      Delete
  2. Kocham takie hafty.
    http://zmierzchluny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luna, I will visit your blog too!

      Delete
  3. So nice to see the butterfly in stages....lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it might be helpful to show the embroidery in stages from outline to finish. I always draw the design freehand on the fabric in pencil or a vanishing pen first and then outline it.

      Delete
  4. so hope you can eventually not have the soreness! so happy to see your blog!!!! Gonna read backward!!!
    xoxo-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fluter bye is beautiful ,can't wait to see the finished piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it will take me a few weeks to complete but I will definitely be showing the finished piece.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts