Thursday, 12 June 2014

Free Crochet Flower Dishcloth Pattern

I've just added these crochet flower dishcloths to my ArtyThreads Etsy Shop. They are available in a set of three and are made with Lily Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton yarn which I buy from the Wool Warehouse. Each dishcloth measures 13cm (5.5inches) in diameter and can be used in the kitchen or bathroom.

Crochet Flower Dishcloths - Set of Three

If you would like to have a go at making your own I have included the instructions below. The colours I used were Rose Pink, Robin's Egg and Sunshine. This is my first time writing a crochet pattern so I hope it is ok! I have included US conversions in brackets.

You will need:
Lily 'n Sugar Yarn (100% cotton, 70.9g/109m)
5mm (US H/8) crochet hook

Abbreviations:
ss / slip stitch
st(s) / stitch(es)
ch(s) / chain/chain stitch(es)
ch-sp(s) / chain space(s)
ch- / chain made previously
tr / treble crochet (dc - double)
dc / double crochet (sc - single crochet)

Instructions:
Make a foundation chain of 6 stitches and join with a ss to form a ring.
Round 1 Ch2. 23 tr into ring, ss to top of ch-2.
Round 2 Ch4. 1tr in same st. Ch1. *Skip 2 sts. In next st, (1tr, 2ch, 1tr) ch1; rep from * 7 times. Ss in top of ch-2.
Round 3 Ch2. In first ch-2 sp work 1tr, 2ch, 2tr. *Ch1. In next ch-2 sp, (2tr, 2ch, 2tr) rep from * 7 times. Ch1. Ss to top of ch-2.
Round 4 *7tr in ch-2 sp for shell. 1dc in ch-1 sp; rep from * 8 times. Ss in first st. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

I've used this design for coasters as well as dishcloths but you could join them together to make a throw, bunting or even a scarf in different weights of yarn!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah