Saturday, 11 October 2014

Online Sketchbook - Ideas and Inspiration for Contemporary Embroidery

I have been going through some of my sketchbooks recently and my husband thought it would be a great idea to scan them in and publish them online! I thought this would be a really good way of showing how I work using various media and how I develop ideas and simplify design elements, which I can then use for embroideries.

The theme of the first sketchbook is a mix of flowers, berries and insects which I have produced in watercolour, pen and ink, pencils and some embroidery. I hope this gives you inspiration to begin a sketchbook to develop ideas for your own embroidery designs. A sketchbook can contain photographs, magazine cut-outs, drawings, written notes, stitch samples, found objects etc. The most important thing is that it's yours to do with whatever you like and remember don't be too precious with it!

Click on the image below to enlarge and flick through the sketchbook.


4 comments:

  1. This is amazing to think you can put your entire sketchbook online like this! WOW! Thanks for doing this! I just shared it on my Facebook page!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before! I will have to give my husband a pat on the back lol

      Delete
  2. Very nice sketchbook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah