Monday, 12 January 2015

Cable Cardigan WIP

I'm currently working on a cable cardigan in Hayfield Bonus Aran tweed for my daughter. I haven't tackled cables in a long long time! The last cable jumper I made in pure new wool my mum put it in the washing machine and it came out big enough to fit a barbie doll. Needless to say the wool I'm using for my daughter's cardigan will wash a lot better at 40 degrees!

I started the cardigan at the beginning of December and I haven't really made much progress as I have been spinning yarn in between and what with custom orders too I haven't gotten much done. I bought the pattern from Patternfish which is a great online digital knitting pattern store. The cable is quite complicated but I'm loving the challenge. I just want to get it finished soon as the weather is really rubbish at the moment where I live! The wind has been really bad over the weekend and our heating boiler decided to go on the blink too! So I am huddled up by a roaring fire today knitting.

Cable Cardigan Pattern
Back in progress!
Cables close-up


2 comments:

  1. Love the cables, very detailed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su, it's a bit of a tricky pattern but I'm loving how it's turning out!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah