Hand Spinning Alpaca

I have been busy spinning some green dyed alpaca today. I set up my spinning wheel by the fire as it has been freezing again. It's my first time spinning with alpaca and it is really hairy! It stuck to everything and I keep finding tufts of it all over the house! I usually spin quite bulky yarn but this has spun quite fine as it is has long fibres. I've spun one bobbin and started the second late this afternoon. I had to stop to make my signature beef in all with dumplings for tea followed by carrot cake, yum! Hopefully I will get the second bobbin filled tomorrow, then I can ply the two together. I love my new Kiwi 2 as it has a built in lazy kate which for my small house makes it compact and light enough to move from room to room. When I haven't been spinning I have been updating my Ravelry projects and adding my needles and hooks. I joined Ravelry back in November 2013 but I am only just getting to grips with it. What a great resource though!




Comments

Popular Posts