New Year, New Spinning Wheel

Happy New Year! The end of last year was hectic and I was working on one commission after another in either hand embroidery, knitting or crochet! My Etsy shop had quite a few orders as well. This year is going to be a busy one too as I have decided to take my work in an entirely new direction and see how things pan out.

My 2015 New Year resolutions are more hand embroidery, more knitting, more crochet and definitely more hand spinning! Just more crafting in general! Last year I started to learn to spin on an antique Victorian ash spinning wheel and though it was in good working order it was hard to get the correct tension and so my lovely husband decided to buy me a new one for Christmas!

Here I am spinning my first yarn on my new Ashford Kiwi 2 spinning wheel. I have just spun some grey and white Jacobs and then plied them together to make a cool humbug yarn (see bottom image). I am going to use this to make my husband a pair of thick slouch socks. It’s only fair he has the first fruits of my labour lol.







Comments

  1. I tried once to learn to spin..... not to be but your new wheel looks nice and the yarn is special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gracie, the Jacobs yarn turned out really well and I have just finished my husbands slouch socks, will post an image soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah

Popular Posts