Monday, 19 September 2016

New Weaving Projects

I can't believe we are part way through September already! Since we relocated to Cornwall I have not been out of my flip-flops and I'm still clinging onto summer even though there is a slight chill in the air now. I am currently working on making myself some flip-flop socks so that I can continue to wear them for a few more weeks at least lol. I am writing my own pattern for handspun yarn, so if it works out I will share it on my blog if anyone is interested.

Over the last few weeks I have been busy working away on some new weaving projects. After I finished my last woven scarves in handspun yarn I wanted to work on some two colour plain weave patterns and they have turned out really well. The first scarf below is made in handspun Wensleydale which I spun awhile back. I left one skein it's natural cream colour and hand-dyed the second skein in a lovely purple shade. I'm really happy with the result.

Handspun, Hand-dyed, Handwoven Wensleydale Scarf
The second scarf is handwoven in a commercial yarn, cream and grey 100% British wool. I wanted to try out warping the loom with two colours and trying a houndstooth pattern. I thought it would be a bit fiddly to warp in a two by two colour method but it was quite easy! I'm planning on producing a few scarves in different colour ways for my Etsy shop.


Houndstooth Handwoven Scarf in 100% British Wool
The third is a long fringed wrap I wove in a royal blue and sky blue acrylic yarn. I just wanted again to experiment warping up my larger loom in blocks of colour. I haven't taken a finished picture of the whole wrap yet but the shot on the loom really shows how it was warped. Again I am planning on adding a collection of handwoven wraps to my Etsy shop soon.

Colour Block Handwoven Wrap
If anyone is interested in having a handwoven scarf or wrap made to order in either handspun yarn or commercial yarn, I am available for custom orders. Scarves start at £42 and Wraps £84 email: sarah@artyfibres.co.uk for further details.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah