Thursday, 10 November 2016

Hand Embroidery and Weaving

This morning I decided to sort through my yarn stash and discovered I have lots of small skeins of yarn I haven't gotten around to using yet. This gave me the idea to start a new weaving project.

Green suddenly stood out to me, teamed with golden browns and oranges. I gathered up all the yarns I liked into a bowl and added some recycled sari silk, hand dyed Wensleydale wool locks and some embroidery threads.

I warped up my Ashford Rigid Heddle loom with handspun green alpaca and an art yarn. I was intending to use the embroidery threads woven in amongst the wool yarns and art yarn but as I started to weave I thought it would be nice to include some hand embroidered leaves as I wove. I am hoping to add more leaves here and there as I weave. It will be interesting to see how it works out!




2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah