Monday, 7 November 2016

Hot Off the Needles - Hand Knitted Garter Stitch Shawl

This is my latest hand knitted garter stitch shawl hot off the needles! I just need to finish it by washing it and then blocking it to open up the eyelets in the centre spine. The shawl is knitted in two different yarns. For the main body I used a Fair Isle effect yarn called Sidar Crofter DK and for the edging I used a Dodgson Wood rare and native British breed mill spun yarn which is a blend of Castlemilk Moorit and Cheviot. I bought this yarn at Woolfest this year. It's a small shawl but I think the colours go really well together. I am popping this one in my Etsy shop when it's completely finished.


2 comments:

  1. I love shawls and this one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracie, I think I am addicted to shawl knitting at the moment! Just started a sparkly one!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading them and really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Sarah